During these strange confinement times many people are finding that their sleep patterns have changed.
This article is for those of you are having trouble getting to sleep…. It’s good to put a ‘going to bed’ routine in place, this will encourage your body and mind to prepare for sleeping.
- Avoid stimulants in the few hours leading up to bedtime.
- Switch off your computer, tablet, screen time 30-60 minutes before bedtime!
- Reduce the brightness of the room lights.
- Bring in the through that your bedroom is a calm, safe haven for sleeping. A deep recuperative, healing sleep. As energy follows thought, the more often you think it the more the sleeping space will be filled with the appropriate energy.
- Grounding exercise before getting into bed. Perhaps do this exercise whilst sitting on the edge of your bed with your feet on the floor. Mover your focus to your feet, feel the floor beneath them. Breathe into, down to your feet and out of the soles of your feet. Imagine that you are breathing through the soles of your feet. Continue for a few minutes or so until you feet calm.
- Once in bed… Lightly place your left hand on your heart and your right hand on your solar plexus / stomach. Focus on the feeling of your hands touching your body. Breathe into your hands. Feel that sense of security, that hug. Focus on your breathe and feel that sense of calm come over you. Know that you are safe. Allow your body and mind to relax and let go.
More tips for sleep to follow in the coming weeks!